[OT] I wish so many people didnt have me in their address books :-(

  • To: "UKHA Discussion \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] I wish so many people didnt have me in their address books :-(
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:28:55 +0100

Hi All,

How many others are receiving huge numbers of emails with the current round
of viruses?

Mailbox was empty when I went to bed last night.

Just downloaded my email this morning...

20 flagged as virus
1 flagged as spam
2 spams that werent flagged

1 advert from e-buyer
1 noticification of a new antivirus update

20 messages on the lists that I am subscribed to.

for a few days the number of virus infected mails dropped but the other day
my initial download had 69 copies of viruses followed by a further 20 or so
during the evening:-(

I dont seem to have received as many "undeliverable" or "you
sent and
infected file" messages recently so it looks as if I'm not being
spoofed as
the sender now but this is getting beyond a joke :-(

On a plus side... the spam and virus filtering at Rapid Hoster is doing an
excellent job of identifying the unwanted messages. A few spams do get
missed but it has found every virus mail and had not marked something as
dodgy when it was a genuine mail. After a few weeks of having suspect mail
put in a junk folder, I am so pleased with the fact it doesnt trap wanted
mail that I have now changed the rule to stuff tehm straight into deleted
items.

There.... got that off my chest :-)

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk