RE: [OT] IIS, domains, routers and host headers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] IIS, domains, routers and host headers
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:12:44 +0100

Thanks Doogie - that made good sense :-)

One question though - what happens if I have two web sites setup with
ClientSite1 and ClientSite2 and ClientSite1 is mapped through the router
(domain of say ClientSite1.mydomain.com with a public IP address of course)
- the router forwards traffic for port 80 to the internal server on
192.168.0.1 - but ClientSite2 doesn't have a separate mapping or public
domain/IP etc. Is there any way of getting to ClientSite2 from the Internet
- how secure is it then? (Where does IIS get the header info from - browser
URL box???)

Did that question make sense?

Cheers,

Paul.