Re: MusicLobby Pocket PC edition shipping

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MusicLobby Pocket PC edition shipping
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:24:13 -0000

Media Centre 9 will also give you multi-zone support, I am pretty=20
sure MJ8 does not.
On the 9.1 beta version even lets you set different EQ and output=20
settings for each zone/soundcard.

Keyvan R
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Are there any reasons to go for Media Centre over Media Jukebox if=20
I'm installing on a server and not using the picture/video features=20
etc?
>=20
> Paul.=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
It=20
> is quick, good value, and does the job well. But given that I have=20
> opted for the Cinemar stuff on all platforms I will be using the=20
ppc=20
> version of MusicLobby - mario & dan have a version of MainLobby=20
out=20
> soon for ppc. In conjunction with Dan's ML server this is going be=20
> one hell of family of products.=20=20
> >=20
> > I quite like Vinyl but their support and response to customer=20
> requests is appalling :-( With your great service, your new=20
product=20
> is very tempting. However, before I ditch Vinyl I'd like to know a=20
> bit more about MusicLobby PPC.
>=20
> >=20
> > 1.      Do you have a trial version available?=20
> ???
> > 2.      Does it work along side MusicLobby (so you can control=20
the=20
> music from multiple sources - PPC, HTPC, touchscreen etc)?
> Yes. I have Musiclobby on 4 clients around the house (a couple on=20
a=20
> CTX 15" lcd touch (not bad at =A3380) and they all work very
well=20
> indeed.
> > 3.      Will it be able to control multiple zones (i.e.
separate=20
> software running on multiple sound cards)?
> This facility is part of MC9 (the big brother of MJ8 from JRiver).=20
> The multizone is fine, but there is a caveat (down to MC9 not MuL)=20
> whereby if you switch focus on zones from a MuL client, or MC9 for=20
> that matter, then the view on ALL Mul clients changes to that=20
zone -=20
> playback is not affected - alos there is no facility (yet) to lock-
> down a zone so other clients don't mess with it while it is=20
palying.
>=20
> > 4.      My music collection stands at 50,000 MP3's !!! (220Gb)=20
Vinyl=20
> handles this well and quickly - what's the performance of=20
MusicLobby=20
> like?
>=20
> I only have around 8,000 tracks (all on WMP9 lossless codec -=20
> 360Gb!!) - I have no response problems at all - that said, Vinyl=20
is=20
> FAST due to the metafile database which is spooled to RAM.
> > 5.      Is there a search facility (Vinyl does not have this
and=20
> this is a big problem)?
> There is one on the desktop MuL (with a neat little drop-down mini-
> keyboard for touch display - I don't know if the PPC has same.
> > 6.      My HA server runs W2K Server - exactly what software=20
needs=20
> to run on this and is it compatible?
> All you need is MC9 or MJ8 on your server (compatible with all Win=20
> OS) and the server plugin for MusicLobby which comes with=20
MusicLobby.
> > 7.      Very exciting :-)
> I really like their stuff; Mario, Dan and the rest of the guy on=20
the=20
> forums are ver very helpful - as you know both respond to=20
> questions/problems very swiftly (sometimes instantly !!)and are=20
real=20
> HA / HT freaks!!!
> > Paul
>=20
> The following threads are worth looking into:
> This one will fold!!
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?
> s=3D&threadid=3D280946&perpage=3D20&pagenumber=3D16
> or
> http://www.caseserve.com/cinemar/phpBB2/index.php
>=20
> Hope this helps.
>=20
> Keyvan R
>=20
> .=20
> >=20
> >=20=20
> >=20
Cinemar=20
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=3Degroupweb/S=3D1
705041992:HM/A=3D1693353/R=3D0/SIG=3D11t71ok4g/*http:/www.netflix.com/Defau
> lt?mqso=3D60178294&partid=3D3170658> click here
> >=20
> >=20
> >   <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
>=20
M=3D251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=3Degroupmail/S=3D:HM/A=3D1693353/rand=
=3D35
> 2270076>=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > ** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.
> >=20
> > http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
> > Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
> > Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
> >=20
> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!=20
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Terms of Service.=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20=20
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=3Degroupweb/S=3D1
705041992:HM/A=3D1595053/R=3D0/SIG=3D124gf29oe/*http:/ashnin.com/clk/muryut
aitakenattogyo?YH=3D3707890&yhad=3D1595053> Click Here!
>=20
>=20
>   <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=3D244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=3Degroupmail/S=3D:HM/A=3D1595053/rand=
=3D90
6913326>=20