Can I do 5.1 with ceiling speakers ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Can I do 5.1 with ceiling speakers ?
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:28:03 +0100

Rather than Satellite surround speakers hanging off the walls, I'm
thinking of putting ceiling speakers in, but do you get the right sound
when its coming from the ceiling as you would do having it directed off
the wall ?

I also have the problem that my centre speaker would be right where I
have a great big steel holding up my roof - I don't really want a
surface speaker hanging on my faux Chimney breast, and like wise I don't
want a grille sitting above the plasma either.

If I mount the speaker behind the plasma will it be too muffled ?? - if
so does anyone do decorative speakers as an alternative that could hang
of my chimney ??

Dean.