Re: Speaker wire specification

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Speaker wire specification
  • From: "davemel2001" <dandm68@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:44:26 -0000

THanks for the replies.  The rub is that I've made no decisions yet
about the type of equipment I'm going to connect.  Part of this
process should be to future proof my cabling investment.

I've actually got 3 rooms in the house that would all be great for
home cinema.  For party type environments, then the lounge is great -
I'd love to be able to show music videos instead of just having
background music for example.  I'm also interested in keeping it
flexible as to where in a room I put stereo speakers, obviously
surround sound requires a spread of speakers.

The subwoofer complicates things if it requires different cabling.
I was hoping to just put a number of outlets around a room and then
patch up which goes where at Node 0.

Any ideas on how to make this simple?

Cheers
Dave