Re: Anyone know anything about smarthouse.co.uk?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Anyone know anything about smarthouse.co.uk?
  • From: "Iwan Davies" <iwan.davies@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:02:56 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:
> Hi Iwan
>
> I'm not familiar with the company but I've read up a little on the
> product as I know it's a product used by a few of the larger builders.

Cheers Rob,

As I said - we certainly didn't buy the house because of the system,
and while the concept of HA certainly interests me, funds won't quite
permit me to explore it further at the moment.

My main concern is how the system might affect what I might want to
install in the house myself, especially in the way of DVB-S (Sky & a
FTA receiver) distribution and the home LAN. I realize I could quite
easily ignore the box's presence, but that would seem to be a waste,
so I was wondering how I could use the very neat cabling already
installed to my advantage. Here's hoping it comes with an instruction
manual!

Ta

Iwan