Re: Lantronix XPort anyone ??

Hi Kevin

Sifting through a weeks mails can be a tad slow - anyway.

I have two of these little things sitting on the shelf at home ready for
testing. I am playing with how to do level shifting at the moment as they
ONLY work on 3.3 volts for both power and I/O. They are not 5 volt
tolerant either so connecting to a normal i.e. 5 volt micro is
challenging.

They are cute little beasties though and dead small. I hope to use them to
web enable some of my serial devices as an add on PCB. This should be
quite simple using a MAX 3232 on the xPort and a normal MAX232 on the
serial device (which is probably already fitted).

Ian

"Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
14/08/2003 21:43
Please respond to ukha_d