RE: PC based occupancy detection

Hi Dave,

Did you mean:
www.general-vision.com ?

See also www.silirec.com

We have played around quite a bit with the ZISC stuff and it is my
opinion that their claims are a little overhyped and still a little way
a way from a reliable system.  Detecting a change in a room may be
feasible although coping with stuff like movement of curtains etc is
still quite tricky and coping with lighting changes requires significant
front end processing.

I suspect detecting that a room has become occupied (sudden change
detected by comparing previous image with new image) is not the hard
part, detecting when a room then becomes unoccupied is much more
difficult.

Shane

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=3D5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/IBOolB/TM