RE: IR emitters

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR emitters
  • From: "Chris McGookin" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:37:08 +0100

Paul,

I've tried using the Smartlinc IR Blaster that you can get from LA, etc.

So far I've only been able to get about 2 - 3M, but there was a thread a
while ago on the HV group about the drive current on the expansion IR
ports being lower.

I've not managed to try it yet although Craig said it should work-
basically it involved reducing the resistance of the expansion IR output
(from memory it's usually 1K, I was going to put another 1K in parallel
to reduce it to 500 ohm.

Can't get to my archives just now, but if you're interested let me know
and I'll look for it tomorrow (PC rebuild time!)

Chris