Solwise SAR 705/715 ADSL router logging tool

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Solwise SAR 705/715 ADSL router logging tool
  • From: "Matt P." <matt.l@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:22:37 -0000

All,

I'm sure there must be a few Solwise SAR705 or 715 ADSL router
owners on this list who just like me couldn't find an easy way to
get the blocked packets logs off the router.  So, I wrote a small
app that telnets into the router and looks for blocked packets and
logs them to a text file.  It can also send an email to a specified
user with the same info and I'm working on a dshield.org interface
so you can help the rest of the world by providing information on
attempted attacks on your system.

The app is in early beta stage, meaning it works but isn't very
polished yet.  With your help I would like to make it even more
useful, please let me know if you would be interested in testing it.

Other planned enhancements:
- syslog sending capability
- hourly/daily/weekly etc reports
- SAR110 compatibilty (don't have one to test with though)

Thanks,
Matt Pavall