OT: Transparent cat

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT: Transparent cat
  • From: "Adam Stevens" <adam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:03:47 +0100

<delurk>

Slightly OT I'm afraid, but you guys seem to be the ones to ask about a
digital oddity!

Recently, while we went on holiday, our cat was sent away to stay with
my parents for a couple of weeks. As parents do, they took a couple of
photos of the cat to show us when we got back. However, there is
something rather odd with one of the pictures.

I promise that this image has not been modified in anyway, the image
linked below is exactly how is came out of the digital camera...

http://www.the-firs.org/button/large.jpg

It would appear that my cat is transparent (although, I can't say I've
ever noticed before!).  If you look just below her ears you can clearly
see my mothers feet through the cat's head(!).  Also the TV stand is
viewable though her left ear, and her left front paw appears to be
slightly see-thru!

Does anyone have any idea on how this can have happened?! - According to
my mother (who took the photo), she doesn't remember any quick movement
or anything else unusual which would effect the photo!

Maybe we've just got a ghost cat? :-)

</delurk>