RE: [OT] Bluetooth Microsoft PDA's and winamp

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Bluetooth Microsoft PDA's and winamp
  • From: "^mad^" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:32:33 +0100

Ah...

as I recall the Microsoft Bluetooth stack is majorly flawed... well
incomplete! It does not support many of the common protocols, such as those
needed for LAN/Voice/OBEX access. the other problem is you cant use
(easily=
)
2 bluetooth stacks on one PC, which means being another dongle whose stack
does not support HUD (I think its called) that allows the keyboard and
mous=
to connect....

Although, from what I have heard from my contacts ;o) a few months back the
new Microsoft stack was about to be released, have you used the latest
drivers???  I know it was meant to ship with WinXP SP1, but its forever
delayed.. when it comes though Bluetooth should really take off.

Also, from my experience with using HA over Bluetooth to my IPAQ, its
reall=
slow.... web pages take minutes and the range (for me) is a great problem
a=
the walls knock out a lot of it  (I have a CSR NanoSira, which is a
reference model that most BT dongles are built to),  I would recommend WiFi
for this, and if your buying a new dongle it may be cheaper too :) got
myself a CF card for =A326+VAT from eBuyer.. works really well on my
Jornad=
525!

HTH

Alistair