From: Steve Morgan [mailto:steve@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 August 2003 21:09
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Mv1000 cont...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brian G. Reynolds [mailto:brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx]
<snip>

> So now, what is wrong?

It's either config or a duff MV1000, by the sounds of it.

> Can any users tell me if they own a one of these cameras..
> http://www.henrys.demon.co.uk/cctv/527l.htm
> and have it connecting to a Mv1000 and have a colour display?

Yeah, works just fine for me.

> Apart from this non colour issue the cameras seem great..
> They work brilliantly at night with the built in IR emitters.

As I mentioned previously, I have a problem with IR reflecting back from
the front of the camera causing a 'halo' effect at night, which I'm not
best pleased about. Paul Smith had the same problem. I e-mailed Henry's
about it and here's the reply:

------------>>>------------------
>I recently purchased a 527L Outside Colour IR Camera. I and another
>user
>have noticed that, at night, the image has a significant 'halo' effect
>which I assume to be IR reflection from the glass in front of the lens
>which severely reduces image quality. Are you aware of this problem and
is
>there anything that can be done about it? I have attached an example
image
>captured from the camera that illustrates the effect.
>
>Regards,
>>Steve Morgan

Hi Steve,

Yes we know about it....AV Tech are trying to come up with a solution.
Its caused by the IR LEDS being seen a by the Camera. We have another
Model
that is OK.
Its the COL10/25IR

See http://www.cctv-centre.co.uk/cctv/col1025ir.htm

If you wish to pay the difference and upgrade to the Col10?25IR, please
return the 527L with a Letter.

Steve