RE: RE: C-Bus and HomeGate AND tablet PC question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: C-Bus and HomeGate AND tablet PC question
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:41:33 +0100

Michael

Are you planning on running the actual HomeGate software on the Tablet or
running a Web Browser client version.

If you are running the web version then anything will do - I use a Sharp
Zaurus PDA to control HomeGate. And will shortly be using an Epod to
control
it from the bedroom with a suitable WiFi card.

If you're going to run Homegate on the Tablet - do you have kids ?? - By
pressing CTRL-S you can jump back to editing mode and alter the project.
This scares me  :)

I believe the idea is to leave a version of Homegate running 24/7 on a
server etc. for Schedules etc., and use web based clients everywhere else.

Dean.