RE: Re: Whole house audio and MP3 server question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Whole house audio and MP3 server question
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:36:42 +0100

Multiple soundcards shouldn't be a problem. You should be able to set
multi=
ple copies of winamp to use individual cards AFAIK.

=20

I currently have two installed in my MP3 server. One is used for HA voice
a=
nnouncements (using AT&T Natural Voices) and the other is used for the
MP3 =
server (using pocketwerks' Vinyl - www.pocketwerks.com - which is
controlle=
d by an iPaq). ACE is running on the server and deals with the HA voice
but=
can also control multiple copies of WinAmp linked to different cards.

=20

The output of the MP3 server is fed into my 6 source 6 zone audio amp. I
di=
dn't want multiple MP3 sources playing so didn't bother with any more
sound=
cards although it wouldn't be difficult to do (although Vinyl won't curren=
tly cope with more than one source playing - I'd have to use different
soft=
ware).

=20

I don't think a multiple sound card config would be very difficult to
setup=
as long as the client software can cope with connecting to multiple instan=
ces of WinAmp or whatever you use.

Paul.=20

=20