Re: Cable marking ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Cable marking ?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:09:16 +0100

Steve,

From: steve.cooper@xxxxxxx
> That looks like the one I just returned to CPC because I could rub
> the numbers off it with my thumb. Looks a lot cheaper at TLC though !

I didn't have any problems with it rubbing off, the tape is quite fabric
like so it might be different stuff.  I'll have a try at rubbing off the
numbers this evening.

I'm sure its the same kit.. looks exactly the same and the tape was a sort
of fabric tape. I had to rub a few times with a sweaty thumb  but it
definitely
came off.

> 1st digit= floor, 2nd digit = room, 3rd digit = socket number, 4 digit
> = cable

I think it makes more sense doing it like that rather than coloured tapes.
Less confusing and easier to understand.

The main advantage of coloured tape (as far as I can see) is that you can
quickly "see" which cable is which, rather than having to read
each cable
and number individually. What I think I'll probably do is use a 4 digit
AND a coloured tape band (the colour showing the floor level)

Marcus