[OT] Inserting bits into an SDS drill...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Inserting bits into an SDS drill...
  • From: "Andrew Kilgore" <amkilgore@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:15:34 +0100

Hi all,

I recently took advantage of screwfix's offer for an SDS drill for 30 quid.
However, I have one problem - getting a damn bit in it (yes, I'm using as
SDS bit...!)

The instructions say:
1. Lightly lubricate the shaft of the drill bit before inserting into the
machine.
2. Place the shaft of the drill bit into the opening of the drill chuck and
twist until latched.

Having never owned an SDS drill before, these instructions don't mean too
much to me.
(However, I have got it in once so far...!!!)

Can anyone give me any pointers...?
Should the drill bit be fully inserted before using the drill or something
click into place when the drill starts...???

Many thanks,
Andy.