RE: Re: Cable marking ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Cable marking ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:52:25 +0100

Marcus,

After a couple of hours googling (!), I've managed to find the system our
panel-builder uses for marking cables. The wire number (typically 6-8
digits) is printed onto a sleeve, the sleeve slipped over the end of the
wire, and then a bootlace-crimp fitted last.
http://www.brady.co.jp/data/files/DAT_bradysleeves.pdf

They're pretty durable but are prone to getting grubby from dirty fingers.
Also, once assembled, our cables are not "patched around" so
aren't subject to continuous use etc.

HTH,

Tim H.
(I'd still recommend coloured tape / heat shrink sleeves for home use
though :-)  )

/Cable_Marker_Dispenser/index.html

S.

+