Re: Homevision

Thanks for the replies again guys.
Ok the set up I mentioned (Homesteeer, Homevision, Xantech, and
Comfort) I am not going out to buy in one go, it would be too
expensive, it was more something to aim for at least I think so. But
planning what you need with what is a nightmare.

This is what I am looking at to start with.
I am currently planning all the cat5 I want and where plus some
extra.
In the media room(lounge) I  have
DVD
Laser Disk
Video
AV Amp
TV
Future would also include a DVD recorder and maybe a projector.

I will be moving In to or next to node 0
2 CD mega changers also controlled by a SlinkE
2 Digital TV boxes
Sky box
A PC for MP3 and Homesteer, This I may split into 2 PC's
Tuner
ADSL, and Telephone inputs
Later a DVD mega changer

I want to be able to listen or watch a source from either of the 2
locations from any room in the house and be able to control any of
the units from any room in the house.

So after installing all the Cat5, node 0 and moving the mentioned
components to node 0.
I need to
Set up the IR network the IMF maybe good for Homevision, but as I
won't have this yet I was looking at Xantech, but can this then be
used with Homevision later.
How is the IR stuff connected, I guess I would have a couple of
Transmitter hubs one in the Media room and one in node 0, then
receivers in each room which is going to need some long cables or
can these be sent down cat5.
I need to transmit audio and video over the cat5, so was looking at
the KAT5 stuff.
Home automation is with X10 which I am adding too bit by bit, at
least to start with controlled by Homeseer then maybe later
Homevision.
I want to add CCTV and incorporate the Alarm system.
The Data network is straight forward.
What do you used for Telephone distribution?
For future I may also look at voice control and would therefore need
Mic. distribution.
Is it worth putting any Coax in?
The hardest part is working out what I will need for future and what
will work with what.
Its expensive stuff, so I don't want to buy something then when I
want to add something in the future, find I brought completely the
wrong thing the first time.
Sorry for all the question and the long post
thanks mark