DS1820

Thinking about mounting a few DS1820 temp sensors within Cat5 plugs (they
s=
eem to crimp in nicely with no protrusions) and then plug them in to
variou=
s sockets around the house wherever it takes my fancy.

As I have a traditional structured wiring layout, I have two options in
pat=
ching them through to HomeVision =96=20

a)	patch them in a =91star=92 topology at the patch panel and then take
one=
output to HV (means connecting up a few patch ways in parallel)
b)	Patch them so that they effectively all sit on one long length of cable
=
(needs less patch ways but more prone to a single point of failure)

Anyone connected them up in a star topology before? Could it cause any
prob=
lems with timing and reading individual sensors etc? I=92ve currently got
5=
DS1820=92s.

Ta,

Paul.