RE: Remotes

I don't disagree with your sentiment at all, Kenneth, and I agree, they're
=
often fairly competitive.  But sometimes they really aren't.  In this
insta=
nce, you're talking about a difference of about =A330, or 15%, which isn't
=
huge, but neither is it small, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people
w=
ent elsewhere.

However, at other times, I've found the gap to be far bigger.  For
example,=
two of the places you mentioned list their clipsal Cat5e shuttered RJ45 so=
ckets for the modular wall-plate things at about =A312 each.  The other
doe=
s cat5 (not e) for a special offer price of =A36.75, down from =A37.50.  I
=
bought mine for more like 3 or 4 quid.  When you're buying a house-worth
at=
those prices, I couldn't afford to remain loyal.  Both the percentages, an=
d the actual cash differences were too great.

I'll always try to support companies who provide good customer service,
but=
I still think it always pays to shop around.

BTW, I found that my supplier (a local electrical wholesaler) was more
expe=
nsive, by a couple of pence, than Laser and LetsAutomate on most of the
oth=
er Clipsal modular items, so I've always been puzzled as to why the Cat5e
i=
tems are so pricey on these sites.

Rgds,
J.