RE: C-Bus and HomeGate

Hi Dean,
=20
As  understand it, the CNI is just a version of the PC Interface with a
TCP=
/IP interface rather than RS-232.  I have checked the network.txt file and
=
it seems to have the correct details.  Sorry to do this to you, but I've
go=
t a few questions that might help me out:
=20
1. Do you run the "server" version or "console" version
of C-Gate?=20=20
2. What "C-Bus network number" do you use (I'm using 254 I
think)?
3. What settings do you have in HomeGate for the connection (under Program
=
Options from memory)?  Do you use an IP address?  What port numbers do you
=
use? Do you use the default settings?
=20
Thanks a lot for this - it will be great to get it working!=20=20
=20
Why do you say that HomeGate is not that great?  I've only had a quick
play=
but it seems like it should be able to do everything I need (lighting, bli=
nds, switched power and AV control).  I will be using it through a
ViewSoni=
c V110 smartdisplay and I'm hoping that it will form one of the primary
con=
trols for the house (although I have Neo switches around the place as
well)=
.
=20
Regards,