Re: HomeVision

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark Walker" <davros@w...> wrote:

> Any other comments off people. Homevision or not Homevision
> Thanks

For me it comes down to price.  HomeVision is 500 quid.  Just for the
unit and software - there's lots of other stuff you can add!  All your
X10 modules are additional.  I'm only controlling a couple of overhead
lights, a wakeup call and a few lamps.  The CM12, with all its faults,
is 50 quid.  You pays for what you gets :)

Your Homeseer/CM12 combination would be replaced by HomeVision
(HomeVision comes with its own software to set it up).  From all I've
read HomeVision is the canine cahonies.  But for the moment I don't
need cahonies, just a few lights turned on and off.  If you're
intending to become very automated then HomeVision is, I understand,
the way to go as it's *much* more reliable and flexible than
Homeseer/CM12.

It has to be admitted that I am already chaffing at the time delay for
my motion activated lights:
PIR->Tranceiver->CM12->computer->CM12->SocketRocket and the
way round
that would be to cut out some of the middle man and get HomeVision
(see the beam breaker thread).

But...at the end of the day I don't have 500 quid.  So I'm sticking
with the CM12/Indigo* combination.

*I'm a mac user and Homeseer is Windows only, so I use some mac
software called Indigo.

Just my 0.075 Euro
Alcina