RE: A couple of Node Zero photos...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: A couple of Node Zero photos...
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:10:43 +0100

Hi Nigel,

I hadnt considered the stuff you were putting in the rack. I just assumed
that would have its own supply anyway. I was just cosidering the number of
things I have powered up on a bench when working :-)

Being able to isolate the majority of the sockets is a good idea. One
method
is a 32A Isolator switch with a nice bright neon indicator to show that the
power to the bench is on. RCD protection is essential but in a workshop
environment I would tens to go for the combined MCB/RCD breakers on each
ring main fed from the non RCD side of a consumer unit. That way you are
protected by RCD's without cutting off power to the entire house by
tripping
the main RCD.

I wish I had a large cellar to work in.

Keith