RE: [Kinda OT] PIC Programming, Advice Appreciated.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Kinda OT] PIC Programming, Advice Appreciated.
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:49:31 +0100

Alistair,

I've not long started out with PIC's myself but can tell you that you will
soon be looking for an upgrade if you started out with that programmer. My
first programmer was from here http://www.philtronics.co.uk and it
has
served me well, however I recently needed support for 12F675 chips, so have
upgraded to a USB programmer from
http://www.quasarelectronics.com/pic_programmers.htm
(model 3128) The
instructions are cr*p, but I managed to work out how to get it working in
the end!
They have quite a range of programmers (the 3096 looks like a bargain), if
you wanted something a little cheaper, or maybe I could do you a deal on my
old one.

Good luck!

Justin.