Re: OT ? Printer Connectivity Issue

Hi Gareth,

I went through this exact excercise a month or 2 ago.

The upshot is that there basically isn't anything thats either effective or
economic....

There are a very few USB-Ethernet print servers out there, but they're not
cheap, and the killer was that it turned out to be highly unlikely that
they'd suport any features other than printing, thus negating the benefit
oh
having a multifunction device!

What I did in the end was to get a USB 2-port manual switch from M**lins,
with the inention that I'll manually switch the multifunction printer
between the two PC's as needed (which actually shouldn't be very often). -
the old Epson printer will still be available on the LAN via the jetdirect,
and my PC is on most of the time anyway, and I'll share it out from there,
so it won't be that often that I'll need to directly connect it to SWMBO's
PC...

Paul G.