RE: Re: NOT OT: Remote Control Socket.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: NOT OT: Remote Control Socket.
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:23:16 +0100

All sounds good stuff. I like Keirans premise. Something that I would
like to work towards, my wife really doesn't mind the whole automated
home thing as long as its discrete, simple and works EVERY time which I
have gone to HUGE pain to try and pull off.
Initially I had no plans to give occupancy detection but now its going
to happen, just another job to do! Luckily C-bus makes that fairly
simple.
Remotes are a big issue with my wife, she hates everyone I have ever
purchased! And I've got a few! Pronto, old and new, Marantz
3200........etc etc.
The biggest issue is the one over its ease of holding and the tactile
feel. I've just purchased yet another! Xantech URC-2P (Reviewed here
http://www.remotecentral.com/urc2/index.html)
which is in the 'old
style' yet to get it out of the box though!

I often wonder, how did I get in to all of this?.....
Then I remember is was you lot reading this ;-)

Many thanks

Rob Mouser