RE: Re: NOT OT: Remote Control Socket.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: NOT OT: Remote Control Socket.
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:24:28 +0100

Sounds excellent!

I have demo'd the CR101SST (In fact I have one in a box still un-used,
but it has a home.) its excellent IMHO. The CR101's are also very good.
In fact I have a number of Sonance units around the barn and find them
all excellent, they are quite fussy about being powered though.  The HTR
range is excellent, but expensive :-(

Hmmmmm, I like the sound of the music following bit. Come Keiran tell us
more?

I now have in my mitts (As of today.) on the c-bus IR kit. Frank has
designed me a (Yet to be tested due to waiting on C-bus stuff) interface
that will link from the C-bus IR kit to my IR zoned Easy6 pre-amp.

I also have some yet to be fitted C-bus 360 degree PIR's to place for
occupancy detection, although I can already achieve this through the
Comfort PIR's as Comfort has a C-bus UCM, and they talk to each other
well. As we know though alarm PIR's especially the pet friendly ones I
have don't do occupancy detection well.

I will also be able to achieve whole house audio control via the c-bus
touch screens I have installed. Link music to alarm activity, lighting
and movement etc etc. The idea of tapping my comfort alarm code into the
touch screen, the lights in certain areas rising gently to a certain
level (It does this already.) and a nice bit music starting to play
makes me go all warm and fuzzy :-)

It's a strange thing actually the barn is nearing 'completion' and I'm
now tidying up a few loose ends. The LARGE job I now have is getting to
grips with programming all this stuff so it talks to each other! Not
sure I'm quite as confident with this next stage of evolution as what I
have done so far is only the basics or has been at a micro level, time
to get a bit macro and get it ALL talking to each other!!!. Mind you the
C-bus programming bit is incredibly simple. Not so sure about
Comfigurator though?

Many thanks

Rob Mouser