Re: NOT OT: Remote Control Socket.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: NOT OT: Remote Control Socket.
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:06:38 -0000

I switch my Quads fine... They may make a sound, but it's rather
quieter than the relay click of the appliance module, so I don't
notice it.

Newer power amps where the front switch does thermal protection type
stuff may be more of a challenge.

I've got a ceiling speaker on order for the shower - that's going to
be controlled by an AM on a Meridian power amp... I'll let you know
how it sounds next week :-)

M.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:
> Slightly high jacking this thread :-) (Sorry)
>
> Mark (Or any one else :-)), how have you found switching power amps
by
> x-10 or other mains relay? I find I get a bang/click/pop type noise
> across the speakers when I do this. And yet via the front on/off
switch
> its fine?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Rob Mouser

looking"
way
> to do what you want would be to get an "Appliance module"
per
device

http://www.simplyautomate.com/productDisplay.asp?

wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > When I switch my amp off on my HT, i want to switch off other
items
> automatically too ... not to standby, but completely off.  I was
> wondering how this couple be acheived.   I did see an intelligent
> mains lead at Maplin which detects that a master socket is off and
> cuts power to the slaves, but ..
> >
> > I was wondering whether I could get a remote control socket so
that
> I could turn off with my remote.  I have a Pronto 950 (does IR and
RF