Re: domains hosting Q

You would need to run name server(s) on the static IP address.  Then
when you fill in the form for your DNS in 123reg, you put name of
your DNS (like ns0.yourdomain.com) with your static IP next to it.

If somebody can explain how to setup DNS under Windblows, it would
be nice...  Maybe your ADSL router has built in DNS so all you have
to enter IP address of your web server and port.

hope that this help....

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "aashram" <groups@a...> wrote:
> I have registered a domain which I would like to point to my home
automation server.  I have static ip and I have read up on setting
up virtual servers should I need to host multiple domains on one ip.
What I am unsure about is what address I put in for the 1st and 2nd
servers. Is this my static ip address ? What would I need to setup
(if anything) on my windows 2000 server. Any advice much appreciated.