From: Jake Liddell <Jake.Liddell@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 2:14 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Gate automation

Picking up from an old thread...

I'm interested in installing an automated gate, of approximately 3m wide,
6ft high.  Don't really care whether it's sliding or opening (although all
other things being equal, I'd probably go for sliding).  I'd like the gate
to open and close in response to a key-fob button.  I'd also like it cheap!

My first quote has come back with a staggering £8.75k, split as roughly 1k
preparation, 3k for gate, 3k for automation & motor, 1.5k Vat.

This was masses more than I was expecting.  I got a new automated garage
door installed for 1.5k.  So...

Anyone got any experience of this sort of thing?  Anyone used a good
installer?  (I'm near Windsor, west London)  Are these prices way over the
top, or are my expectations too low?  Could I source the parts, and get
someone to install?

Thanks for any help.

Rgds,

Jake.