Re: [OT] X-Box Lots of questions

On Thursday 14 Aug 2003 4:08 pm, Keith Doxey wrote:

> How do identify which version it is so that Mr BaldBouncer can supply
me
> with an "upgrade" board.

It's probably 1.1, but www.xbox-scene.com has severeal tutorials on how to
identify it.

> Will I need to get the DVD Remote kit ? Tried to play a normal DVD and
it
> told me I needed the kit, is that still the case after upgrading.

No, you don't NEED it after upgrading (asuming you want to put Media Player
or
similar on it) but it might be handt then ou don't need the controller
plugged in.

> Is there an S-Video cable available ? I seem to remember that Des used
an
> S-Video cable at UKHA2003 but I only see composite or RGB listed on
the
> XBox site.

hmmm, there's an advanced AV cable that has a few output (including
digital)
have a look in HMV as they have a special offer on xbox stuff at the moment

> Are there any "nice" kids games available that are suitable
for an almost 7
> year old girl. Everything I have seen so far looks either violent or
> aggressive and aimed firmly at late teens/adults.

Blinx the Time sweeper? You have to suck up rubbish in your hoover and
throw
it at monsters, but I think the actual gameplay may be too complex for a 7
year old. I'm basing that on the fact that I struggle with it :-)

> Anyone know if a Dance Mat game is available or due to be available
soon or
> will I need to buy a Playstation as well.

Pass.

> Finally.... is there an "Idiots Guide to Hacking the X-Box"
similar to the
> Tivo guides that have been used by so many on this list.

www.xbox-scene.com again for that one ...

Mr Grimshaw, at the end of that round you answered 5 questions with 1 pass.