Re: Lightning - More Probs Found

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> In Mark's case he has a large house in the middle of nowhere fed by
lots of
> overhead cables for both Mains and Telephone. Even if the area local
to the
> house isnt hit, there is a strong possiblity of Phone or Power lines
being
> hit somewhere along the way. Add to that the large amount of
equipment all
> interconnected and it adds up to quite a problem.

Oooh.....methinks frequent induced currents a strong possibility!

> Sadly there isnt a foolproof way of protecting the kit.

I believe, if I recall my A-level physics lessons, building a metal
cage around your entire house, and insulating that cage from the
ground would work. Though that doesn't allow for induced currents in
the cables coming in from afar....nope...you are right as ever Keith! :)

> replace what
> kit does get damaged with shiny new toys.

And that's why God invented insurance :)

Sorry for the levity...it's finally got cooler!

Alcina
=8-)