RE: Kiss widescreen

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Kiss widescreen
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:51:36 +0100

> Ken, is your screen still working ok?
> Any comments / alternatives / better prices from anyone?

Still working just fine, yes. Not really much more to say Kiss were
supposed
to be upgrading the screen to a brighter one but I don't know if they did
or
not.

For TV only uses I wouldn't recommend it TBH as none of the aspect ratios
are correct for TV as, quite simply, the screen is the wrong shape. But for
dual use or occasional use it's fine, it does the job if not outstandingly
well and solves a few issues if space is tight. Looks not too shabby as
well.

Better prices, not a chance! ;)

> I saw comment from Phil in archives about trying to get native
(1152x768)
> drivers for PC. Did any thing happen on this...

Nope I never did get around to it but that would only help from a PC source
and not for TV/DVD etc.

K.