Re: Satellite adsl

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Satellite adsl
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:47:05 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stephen Jones" <ukha@i...> wrote:
> I know some of you guys have (or had) BTs' satellite broadband
offering
> and weren't too impressed. Has anyone looked at any other
providers

A friend of mine offers the following observation.  He's using the
system on a rock and roll tour in the UK, the first use of satellite
internet in that application that either of us is aware of...

http://www.bridgebroadband.co.uk/

Got the system and had it for a week now. Apart from the mechanical
problems of caterers leaning ladders against the dish and knocking
it off line the system seems pretty robust.

Downstream rates are ok, enough for the whole office to pick up
email without anyone whining, but the upstream rates are crap.
If you're sending large drawings or jpegs it's far quicker and more
reliable to use dialup.