RE: Re: run as a service

Ah, of course, I never thought of that either......

I am suffering from a cold so will use that as an excuse.....no? worth a
try...

Yes the service is running but no GUI and nothing can access HV, actually
when I tried to open HV it said the port is already open so I suppose it is
working but I do need to access the GUI sometimes.

So back to the drawing board....

What basically I am trying to do is in the event of a power failure the
server will be re-booted by the UPS but none of the programs will be
running....

If I get the system to auto logon this will sort this but I do not leave
the Admin account unlocked when I am out so will need the system to logon
to run the Start Up items then lock the server.

I could of course use a screen saver but they are a pain when you are not
using the server all the time as I mostly access it via a workstation.

Any other options?

Thanks anyway guys, something else learnt.

B.