RE: Free - 3G NEC 808 On Pay As U Go

I'm afraid so..

I had a Motorola A830 on PAYG and to be quite honest I never used it.

Thats not because I didnt want to, I did.  Its the fact that I couldnt!

I could never hold a complete conversation on the phone, the quality was
terrible and the network abysmal at best (the O2 side of things was worse
than
a normal O2 connection)

Although I dearly wanted to use the 3 phone only, I found myself still
carrying my trusty Nokia on Orange - just in case.  I always tried the 3
phone
first by calling the voicemail service - if that was bad I used the nokia.

I still have the phone, its packed away until the network gets better (its
on
PAYG and 3 have given me a £10 credit cos they messed up my billing, so my
account is actually +£10 - if only I could use it!)

Others have been told by 3 that they are effectively beta testing the
network,
and problems can be expected for at least a year.

For more information, see Gerards post here

http://www.ukha-archive.com/archives/2003-may/msg01489.html

AND

http://www.ukha-archive.com/archives/2003-jul/msg02835.html

AND

http://www.inkiboo.com/?go=/2003_07_01_archive.asp#105834868845898909

both Gerard and myself have returned to Orange (well tbh I never left)

p.

Quoting Sandilands John <john.sandilands@xxxxxxx>:

> That bad.. I did hear that there were a few issues with three.  But
put them
> down to teeth issues..
>

>   _____

Service.