Wireless LAN

A quick update,

I was surfing the net last night on my powerbook, when up pops Apple
Software
Update, informing me that there are updates available - one of these was
new,
final, ratified G firmware for the airport extreme.

"Worth a try" I thought, and hit the download button.  Five
minutes and a
restart later I was surfing the net once more, this time wireless!

MacStumbler reports a consistent signal strength of around 50 (the highest
had before was 30) and no cut offs (and I gave the connection a good
hammering)

I havent tried moving too far away from the access point yet... but this is
looking much more promising.  I'll do some more investigation tonight.

I just hope the new LinkSys firmware (when its released) doesnt break it
again!

p.