Re: Loftbox users?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Loftbox users?
  • From: Kevin Meynell <kevin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:40:37 +0100

Paul,

>Any loftbox users here?

I have the 4-port version, and I'm pretty happy with it. I actually have
cable television (NTL) instead of satellite, so the satellite input is
fairly useless. However, I discovered you can feed the RF signal from the
cable box (Pace) into one of the spare aerial inputs (UHF in my case), and
it will multiplex fine with the DAB and FM signals. I then looped a short
length of coax between the Living Room output and the UHF2 input in order
to distribute the combined signal to the four outlet ports. Obviously the
LoftBox only distributes RF, but it's perfectly good enough for the
portable televisions in the bedroom and study (I'm using CT100 cable).

The need to have the loopback arrangement is a bit daft, but I haven't
found a solution that caters for cable television as well as satellite. In
fact, the whole of the cable television sector seems to lack innovation
when you consider all of interesting kit available for Sky etc..

Regards,

Kevin Meynell