Re: Wireless LANs

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:54:23AM +0100, Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) wrote:

> How many of you are using 802.11b cards with 802.11g APs, and does it
work ? I see Tony & Paul are having trouble with their Belkin &
Linksys 'G' APs. Are 'G' cards and 'G' APs ok ?

I've just bought a D-Link DI-624 from dsl-warehouse, it's a 802.11g 54Mb
Wireless BBR, works a treat with my 802.11b cards, I don't have any 54mb
stuff to test it with.

It was a cinch to setup, even has a nice MAC takeover feature for cable
users.

And even better, I could have broadband by Christmas :-) 97%.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/availability/btprereg_history.asp?id=872

-simonm (E: simon@xxxxxxx W: +44 28 9072 5060 M: +44 7710 836915)
I'm not very good at advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?