RE: Air Con

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Air Con
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:53:31 +0100

> Does anybody know If it is poosible to get an air
> conditioning unit that doesn't look quite as
> industrial as this, may be recessed into the ceiling
> or even better where all you see is the grille for the
> vent the rest being hidden in the roof above

Yes, you can and they're known as "cartridge units", Toshiba do
some nice
ones amongst others but they are *NOT* cheap to buy or install and are
generally regarded as commercial aircon units.

> Is it possible to get units that have more than one
> outlet??

Yes, see comments above as they apply here too!

> Am in the process of relocating and aircon for my
> office/study and at least the master bedroom is on the
> list for the new house, but it would be good if this
> could be extended easily later on to include more
> bedrooms

Systems like that are designed from scratch Paul and it will not be cheap
do it. There was a central unit type affair that just ducted but I think
they may have gone bust, I mailed them and they never ever got back to me
despite being in the trade. That's the only "cheap" alternative
like that
I've seen.

K.