Introduction and SCART question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Introduction and SCART question
  • From: Michael Sanders <m_w_sanders@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:17:23 +0100 (BST)

Hello everyone,
=20
After a week or two of "lurking" I thought that I should
introduce myself (=
and get a slightly OT question in at the same time).
=20
I am presently in the process of installing a whole bunch of home
automatio=
n equipment in an apartment I have just bought in London.  I am using
C-Bus=
as the backbone of the system (lighting, switched mains power, electric bl=
ind control etc) and a MS SmartDisplay running the HomeGate software,
toget=
her with the Neo wall mounted units, for control.  I've also (of course)
pu=
t network points just about everywhere you can imagine (not in the
bathroom=
, yet, though!) and have a multi-room audio system (Systemline MusiQ)
insta=
lled.=20=20
=20
I have been very much assisted in the process so far by the messages here
o=
n the mailing list and the UKHA website.  Thanks a lot for being such a
hel=
pful bunch - it is also good to know that my obsession with this stuff is
n=
ot unique!
=20
Anyway, enough of the introduction and on to the question.  As part of the
=
AV setup in the new flat I have a TiVo which drives a projector.  At the
mo=
ment I am using a composite cable for video (not ideal) so have bought a
RG=
B to S-Video converter (the John Sim version).  The problem is that I
can't=
get it to work properly.  It has been suggested that I need a SCART to SCA=
RT cable with all of the pins connected.  I'm not sure if the SCART I am
us=
ing DOES have all the pins connected.  I'm happy to buy a new one and
would=
be grateful if anyone happens to know of a (preferably online) source of g=
ood quality SCARTs with all the pins connected.
=20
Sorry for my first question being slightly OT but everyone here seems to
be=
so knowledgeable and helpful that I thought that I would give it a shot!
=20
Thanks again and I look forward to contributing more as I get familiar
with=
all the goodies going into the new apartment.
=20
Kind regards,
=20
Michael.