OT Server Question

I am currently running Exchange on an NT box as my
mail server, this sits behind a firewall and cable
modem on my network.

I would like to add a Raid 5 Array to this machine as
I don't want another machine on 24/7 (have 2 already)
are there any major issues with doing this.

I am also thinking about imaging the contents of the
system disk on which exchange is running onto the Raid
array at night in order to provide a backup of the
exchange serverwould this cause issues?

I realise this isn't probably best practice but would
need to implement a realistic solution for home

Regards

Paul