Unbelievable! god I hate this poxy country sometimes...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Unbelievable! god I hate this poxy country sometimes...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:30:33 +0100

Just tried to phone around a few local aerial installation companies with a
view to getting someone round to do a number or things, which would include
installing new CT100 runs from my Sky minidish down to the cellar, - as a
result of the refurbishment of the lounge I'm moving the sky+ digibox to a
new location, and the existing cables are too short. Rather than extending
them (and having a join), I'd prefer to get new runs put in to the right
location.

I'm utterly staggered to be told by all the companies I've phoned that they
don't deal with sky+ systems "as its a new system"... - I've
explained to
them that it makes no difference what type of digibox I choose to put on
the
end of it, - it's the same cable, the same connector, - everything's
exactly
the same... but no, they are adamant... Even when I tell them that the
digibox is not even there at the moment, as it is packed away in storage
during the refurbishment... and _even_ when I say I have a 2nd digibox in
another room, fed from the same dish... - "ah, we'll work on that one
sir,
but we won't touch any part of the sky+ setup..."

Speechless!

Next step is to phone a couple of others, and basically not tell them I'm
putting a "+" box on the end of the cable run.. - they'll never
see it
anyway, as it won't be out of storage for many weeks yet...

... Anyone know a competent aerial installer who works in the N.E. London
area who wants a bit of cash work?....

Paul G.