Lightning Protection WAS Re: Bloody Lightning!

Hi Mark,

It WAS the daddy of all storms, wasn't it...?
Bummer about all your stuff.

I went out to watch it in the park and left everything on/plugged in
(obviously I wasn't expecting the monster that it was).
Luckily, everything was OK.

Which brings me on to my question:
Has anyone used or give advice on using one of these:
http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=cpc+catalogue&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=261732
http://tinyurl.com/j5ej
CPC Part No: FT0053566

It's a single phase surge protector, rated to 100A and seems like it should
be fitted at the mains, but I can't help thinking that the terminal
connectors are just too small for mains cable to fit. I realise that these
things are most often used in industry but is there any reason why I can't
use one at home as opposed to having numerous plug-in surge protectors...?

Many thanks,
Andy.