Re: Re: PC TV Cards

m_surgenor wrote:

> card but it has an additional analogue input.  In that case I would
> be able to watch programmes already captured on Tivo via this route.

Yes, but you'd only be able to watch on the RF output the same as
presented on the SCART output.... if you have a turbonet, you'd probably
be better looking at the direct streaming methods which let you watch
one show on the Tivo and something completely different from the Tivo's
hard disc on a PC.

I've not got the details to hand at the moment, it's been a few months
since I dabbled with this, seemed to work not bad.

> Agree?  However there would be no way to route digital output from
> the Nebula to the Tivo to capture it - would there?  Or can that be
> achieved through the video card's TV Out?

Yes, no and maybe.... ;->

One of your main issues with this approach is likely to be getting Tivo
to change channels on the PC - does your card come with an IR input and
is it one on Tivo's list? (eg my analogue capture card an ATI Radeon
came with an RF remote, not IR) I *think* it's possible to get Tivo to
do Sky via SCART + freeview via RF - I'm sure people did that in the
olden days of On-Digital...... what other source are you using to feed
Tivo - Sky, cable, something else?

Cheers

--
Doogie