RE: Pressure Sensor on toilet seat

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pressure Sensor on toilet seat
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:50:57 +0100

Just back from Disneyland Paris and the loos there had IR reflective
sensors
mounted on the wall behind the toilets. When someone is within range the
beam is reflected back to the sensor indicating presence of a person. Loss
of signal indicates person has left and the toilet flushes.... as I found
out when I leant too far forward to tie my shoelace :-(

You could use the start signal to operate the fan and the
"leaving" signal
to flush the loo.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk