Re: Any use for home automation?

David Claxton wrote:
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=SHP-IC3-001
>
> Just saw this on the expansys today only page. Anyone have any idea if
this
> could be tweaked for HA use?

Interesting. I don't think I've seen one of them in this country, but
saw a shed load when they first came out and I was doing a lot of work
in a mobile phone retailer in Holland.

Certainly several quick searches for combinations of the model number
and hackhackingtipstricks at google hasn't returned much.

After another bit of digging, I've found a forum with some posts (very
few!) at http://www.club-siemens.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
and am
having a look through some of the posts.

A lot of the links I'm finding are in German.... this is why google has
translation features... :-D

Some links that look at least semi-useful
http://www.rightman.de/ic35.html
http://www.moritz-fitzek.de/ic35.htm
- This guy has got software to use
one wire bus sensors with them.
http://www.palmtop-magazin.de/board/siemens_pda/
- German Forum
http://u.webring.com/hub?ring=ic35&id=6&hub
- IC35 Webering
http://www.my-siemens.com/MySiemens/CDA/Index/0,2730,HQ_en_0_product%253AMW%252FMC%252FMC%252FIC35%252Fdesc,FF.html
- The Siemens spec page
http://home.t-online.de/home/Joern.Tuemmler/mtext.htm
- Spreadsheet,
game and programming libraries

The 1-wire stuff might be of interest..... I don't know enough about
1-wire just now to decide wether this is of much use though!

£15 is a pretty good price, looks like it could be at least useful as a
cheap organiser type thing (ie you could get it and if it was useless
give it as a stocking filler type gift to someone.... ;-> )

So there you go, inconclusive with a subtle swing towards bargain
status... ;->

--
Doogie