RE: Help needed.....may loose job....

  • To: "Ukha_D (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help needed.....may loose job....
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:40:01 +0100

Well I have now had the "interview" today and it looks like they
are going ahead with the dismissal....

I asked numerous times during the interview what were the correct
procedures but never got an answer.

He is treating this as a "major breach of discipline" as he says
he told me that the way I was using (wrist strap connected to the laptop)
is not the correct way....but he says I should have been earthed using a
wrist strap to a wall outlet, no earthing the laptop, no bonding to the
laptop, to me this still could lead to an electrical PD between me and the
laptop! am I right?

He still was unable to produce any documentation of the "correct"
procedure to use or where the tools are to employ the "correct"
use of the procedure.

He was also very annoyed that I told him to "bugger off back to his
office" after he lost it in front of me and about 10 members of staff.
I said I would apologise only after he did, there was no discussing the
situation at the time he just flipped, hence me loosing it.

I have NEVER been treated like this even in the RAF! every time I tried to
get him to read your emails of the documentation from the web he just
refused too.

I really do not know what to do now, unfortunately the technical director
is still on holiday as I am sure he would put a stop to this but in the
mean time I will have to wait and see what transpires on Tuesday.

Sorry to bitch about this but I feel this is a personal attack at my
reputation.

Thanks,

B.