[OT] [ADVERT] Rackmount server for sale..

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OT] [ADVERT] Rackmount server for sale..
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:35:29 +0100

Chaps, sorry to be doing this twice in a week, but a mate of mine has a
Compaq rackmount server that he'd like to sell, the spec is:

Proliant 3000, 7U, 128mb ram, PII 300mhz 512k cache, 3200 array controller,
8 x drive bays. 2 x 4.3gb, 1 x 18gb hot plug

Anyone like to make an offer? - he has a price range in mind, but neither
of
us could really say if it was a realistic figure, so the best way is
probably to see what kind of sums people think its worth (if anything!)

As an aside, I also have a Compaq rackmount storage enclosure that I
suspect
I'm now not going to use... This is a 5U unit complete with PSU, 2 x SCSI
connectors on the back, and 8 x 5.25 drive bays, currently covered with
standard 5.25" blanking plates. I was considering using this as a
storage
enclosure for SATA rather than SCSI disks, but as I only have a 12U rack,
and I *need* to put 3 x 3U servers in it, you can do the sums yourself...
Oh
and just out in case anyones *is* interested in this stuff, I still have
quite a collection of DAT & DLT drives in my spares bin as well...  ;-)

Cheers.

Paul G.